Friday, August 14, 2009

Introduction

My name is Bailey.

I grew up with a wonderful, fiercely creative mother. She can turn a wooden hanger into a masterpiece worthy of hanging in the most expensive closets in the country. She's a wiz on a sewing machine and a master in the kitchen. I like to think I inherited some of the talent but I can be sure I got none of that burning creativity.

I'm one of those people who sees a craft in Martha Stewart Living and thinks "I can do that!" I drive my car to the nearest craft store, and while walking the isles I get so overwhelmed by the surrounding creative stench that I leave with no supplies and no projects to keep me occupied.
Well no more!

I'm making a change. No more will a simple craft scare me! Never again will chocolate ganache make me run in the other direction! I'm embracing my uncreativity and running head first into the biggest project of my life.

In less than a week I'm moving into a hole in the wall apartment in the iron city... Pittsburgh that is. I plan to document my journey, turning this bare walled space into something envy worthy, all the while baking cupcakes, cooking dinners and crafting within an inch of my life.

I want to give some hope to those like me, show all of you that crafting and cooking is harder than those damn creative people make it look, but that doesn't mean we can't do it too!

Stay tuned and stay wonderfully uncreative!
Cheers!

Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment